Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sorry for the long break... And now Typography



It's been a long week of me not having enough time to draw anything, at least anything I want to show.  I'm not going to make up for this week, but I will show some of my process work for my most recent project.  We had to create a typeface.  I started by playing around with drawing some letters, and chose the ones that are shown above.  I used a calligraphy pen and a brush with ink to make the letters and a white gel pen to make the white outlines inside the letters.  Once I got most of the letters figured out, I drew out the whole alphabet and scanned it into Photoshop.  After some clean up, rearranging, and fine tuning you see the end result.  I presented this in class and got some feedback.  I may go back and do some more changes that people mentioned in the critique.  But for now this is my typeface.

2 comments:

  1. This is truly gorgeous! Your attention to detail is to be admired. Having just experienced that assignment in my class, I have a special appreciation for all typography now. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I does help to use photoshop though.

    ReplyDelete